The most common foot problems associated with podiatry are:
- Skin problems
- Calluses and corns
- Nail disorders, like ingrown toenails
- Foot injuries
- Foot infections
- Overuse injuries of the foot and ankle
- Stress fractures of bones (these are caused by too much activity)
- Arch pain (plantar fasciitis)
- Inflammation of the tendon at the back of the ankle (Achilles tendonopathy)
- Pain at the base of the big toe (sesamoiditis)
Podiatrists sometimes prescribe orthoses, which are custom-made shoe inserts. These help to align the structure of the foot in the most stable and efficient position for walking and reduce pain.
At Northern Spinal & Sports Injury Clinic we use the most effective treatment methods available to us in order to relieve pain and offer long-lasting solutions for every one of our clients. All our Podiatrists are registered with the Podiatry Board of Australia, and affiliated with the Australian Podiatry Association.
For more information on how Podiatry can help you, or to book an appointment contact us on (03) 9470 1010.